There have been several problems with the Vend/Timely integration over recent days, affecting both desktops and iPads. We are pleased to say we now have fixes and/or workarounds in place for these issues and will continue to make improvements to the integration.
Using Vend/Timely on your desktop PC or Mac:
1. Ensure you are using the Google Chrome web browser (get it here: https://goo.gl/Jk2diZ
2. When raising a sale from Timely, a new button will appear "Load sale in Vend Register". Clicking this will open the sale in a new tab (note: opening Vend sales inside Timely is not currently supported, we hope to restore this functionality soon)
3. Complete the sale in Vend as per normal and close the tab
4. After a short moment, the appointment in Timely will be updated as Completed/Invoiced
Using Vend/Timely on your iPad:
1. Ensure your iPad has the latest version of the iOS operating system installed (Settings > General > Software Update)
2. You must have the Timely iOS app installed (get it here: https://goo.gl/4r48JX
3. You must have the Vend iOS app installed (get it here: https://goo.gl/tTeM8N
4. Ensure you are logged into both apps
5. Open Safari and log into your Vend account (note: this is a temporary measure which we hope to resolve soon)
6. Inside the Timely iOS app, tap "Take payment" on an appointment to raise a new sale
7. When prompted, tap "Load sale in Vend Register". You will then be prompted to open the Vend app to complete the sale
8. Complete the sale in the Vend app
9. Navigate back to the Timely app
10. After a short moment, the appointment in Timely will be updated as Completed/Invoiced
We will update this incident report as further improvements are made.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.